About Connect Help
Welcome to Connect, a platform consisting of multiple applications used for managing elements related to medical billing.
The Help Documentation guides you through using Connect via topics which provide:
- Page, window, and field definitions
- Step-by-step guides for common system processes
- Links to helpful training videos and support documentation
- Access to current and past release notes
Connect Help is currently under construction. Additional topics are forthcoming and will be added to the site as they are written.
The latest Connect release is 21.5. Highlights of this release include the following:
- Added Last Insurance Payment and Last Guarantor Payment information to the Account: ID / General / Statements section.
- Updated Box 32 options on the Plan / Paper Claim Options page to be Print when POS is not Home (12) or Office (11) or Assisted Living Facility (13).
- Modified claim logic so that if Place of Service is set to 13 for the claim and Box 32 for the plan is set to Print when POS is not Home (12) or Office (11) or Assisted Living Facility (13), then the following are not populated:
- Box 32 on the Paper Claim Form (CMS 1500, NUCC 1500, MediCal California, Medicare California)
- Loop 2310C on the Electronic Claim
- Fixed issue causing Referring Provider names to disappear when configuring an EDC and switching the Mapping Element.
- Removed the hard coded logic for the facility-specific billing provider address; added a new option to the Plan / Claims tab to designate if the plan should use the facility-specific billing provider address.
- Updated the Facility Name field to perform a validation of the 35-character limit upon saving or applying the record.
- Refresh functionality added to fee schedules when the name is updated and saved.
- Added logic to auto-refresh the Financial Classes page when a Financial Class is created or updated.
Payers & Plans
- Added Referral # option to the Box 17a (Shaded) field of the Plan: ID / Paper Claim Options tab. If selected, the Referral # will print in Box 17a of the Paper Claim.
- Modified the wording of the Keyboard Option on the Preferences / General tab to: Force Uppercase for all users (admin-only).
- Added Patient and Guarantor detail fields to the Patient Responsibility Detail report.
- Updated the Charge Analysis Detail report with new fields (First Non-cancelled Claim ID, Pre-Auth Number, Referral Number, and Allowed) and a new Date Mode option (Posted Date).
- Added new right: Account – Merge to Back Office. If Update is selected for this right, the user is allowed to perform the “Merge Accounts” functionality on the Accounts / General tab.
- Added new right: Images to Back Office. If Delete is selected for this right, the user is allowed to delete images from the Image Viewer page (throughout Connect).
- Added Guarantor DOB, Patient DOB, and Province Code to DMA statement file.
To view the full release notes for the current Connect release, click here.
Latest Training Tutorials
Some Help topics include video tutorials, which provide visual, step-by-step instructions on how to complete the task. Click one of the links below to access the topics with related videos.
**Scroll to the bottom of the linked page to find the associated video.**
- Release-specific webinars
- Back Office Reports
- Portal Reports
- Report Permissions