About Connect Help
Welcome to BASCONNECTTM, commonly referred to simply as Connect. It is a platform consisting of multiple applications used for managing elements related to medical billing.
The Help Documentation guides you through using Connect via topics which provide:
- Page, window, and field definitions
- Step-by-step guides for common system processes
- Links to helpful training videos and support documentation
- Access to current and past release notes
Connect Help is currently under construction. Additional topics are forthcoming and will be added to the site as they are written.
The latest BASCONNECTTM release is 20.3. Highlights of this release include the following:
- Configured Connect to automatically place an account on statement hold when the account is sent to Guarantor Collections.
- Added Spellcheck functionality to Account / Notes tab when creating a new note.
- Added Ext Pending Deny button to the Account / Active AR page to deny a service line item pending in external collections.
- Added new Create button to the Accounts page to initiate the Create Accounts process.
- Added View Case button to Charge Batches / Case Holds tab.
- Revised Case Hold Notes functionality to allow more than one note to be logged, and to include time stamp and user information.
- Modified accident data entry on a case so that if the Case Involves Accident field is selected, the Accident Date is required.
- Added user notification when encountering an error during import of pages in a PDF file.
- Modified logic to allow users to simultaneously place all claims on hold for a single practice.
- Added 2020 Q3 code updates:
- Claim Status Codes
- Remittance Advice Remark Codes
- Removed expired CPT codes which were still available for selection during case creation.
- Moved Collection Letters Admin functionality to the Collections Admin page.
- Fixed issue where collection actions deactivated in Collections Admin were still available for selection when creating an Action in Collections.
- Fixed issue generating an error message when saving a Concurrency Scheme.
- Fixed issue causing the balance to incorrectly roll to the guarantor when PR-31 is designated as the denial code and the denial rule for PR-31 is set to “Do Nothing”.
- Fixed issue causing the server to time out during export of large external collection files.
- Added free text filters to the top of the Anesthesia Procedures and General Procedures tab of the Fee Schedules page.
- Updated Connect Help to launch as external browser window outside the application.
- Added Clear Image Cache options to the Help menu.
- Fixed issue generating an error message when importing a PDF from Scan Batches.
- Resolved issue causing imported images to be missing or display distorted.
Payers & Plans
- Modified ‘Clone Plan’ functionality to allow the Payer to be changed, effectively moving a cloned plan from one payer to another.
- Resolved issue causing an error when cloning a Payer.
- Fixed issue preventing successful printing of remit with attached pages.
- Fixed the Practice/Miscellaneous/Action field drop down under the Force service to internal collections if expected does not match allowed checkbox to only include actions assigned to the practice for selection.
- Added prompt to the Create Start File window to designate the Number of Returned Results.
- Fixed issue that was preventing an Outcome with a modifier to be cleared from an Outcome Group when de-selected.
- Added ability to select and post/deny multiple refunds in a single transaction.
- Added new report: Charge Payment Posting Summary.
- Added Include Reversals option to the Case Analysis Detail report filters.
- Changed the Notes column to Most Recent Note column in the Case Hold Detail report.
- Fixed issue preventing all practice data to display upon selecting multiple practices for the AR Aging Analysis Detailreport.
- Fixed issue generating an error message when exporting a report to Excel.
- Fixed issue causing statements for accounts in External Collections to generate too early.
To view the full release notes for the current Connect release, click here.
Latest Training Tutorials
Some Help topics include video tutorials, which provide visual, step-by-step instructions on how to complete the task. Click one of the links below to access the topics with related videos.
**Scroll to the bottom of the linked page to find the associated video.**
- Release-specific webinars
- Back Office Reports
- Portal Reports
- Report Permissions