About Connect Help
Welcome to BASCONNECTTM, commonly referred to simply as Connect. It is a platform consisting of multiple applications used for managing elements related to medical billing.
The Help Documentation guides you through using Connect via topics which provide:
- Page, window, and field definitions
- Step-by-step guides for common system processes
- Links to helpful training videos and support documentation
- Access to current and past release notes
Connect Help is currently under construction. Additional topics are forthcoming and will be added to the site as they are written.
The latest BASCONNECTTM release is 19.1. Highlights of this release include the following:
- Added confirmation message: “Would you also like to deny associated pending external collection adjustments?” when changing the responsible party on a service line that contains a pending external collection adjustment.
- Added logic to auto-populate the Type of Service field with value of '7' when an ASA code is entered on the Coding tab.
- Collections Admin topic added to consolidate all collections administration activities.
- The streamlined and/or modified activities include:
- Creation of actions, action series, and collections assignment rules at the enterprise-level, with the ability to customize by practice, as needed.
- New Action Series functionality allows the user to create a pre-defined set, or grouping, of actions.
- New Collector Groups allow assignment of multiple users to a common collector group for distribution of guarantor, insurance, and denial collection tasks.
- Tasks assignments for collector groups can be set up in one of two ways:
- Auto-assignment to users, evenly disbursed to individual members of a collector group.
- Assigned to a queue, where any member of the designated collector group can access and work the tasks.
- New Denial Groups allow creation of groups for assignment of collection tasks by denial code.
- Added system logic to deny a pending external collection transaction if the service fee balance is reduced to zero after posting a guarantor or insurance payment.
- Added ability to create a guarantor collection task when denying a pending external collection transaction.
- Audit Trail tab added to the Fee Schedule page to review and monitor changes made to the fee schedule.
- The Guarantor and Insurance tabs of the Manage > Collections page were modified to include sub-tabs providing an enhanced view of guarantor account and service line detail information.
- The following activities can now be performed directly from the modified Collections tabs:
- Update guarantor and patient demographic information
- Generate demand statements
- Change account status
- Update statement processing
- Override next statement date
- Flag account as Returned Mail
- Create Account Notes
- View Attachments
- Rebill Claims
- Added tab to File > Preferences page to set preferences for the Manage > Collections page.
- Added the following fields to the Guarantor Collection Actions Detail and Insurance Collection Actions Detail reports:
- Original Balance
- Added new rights to Security > Roles to set permissions for updated Collections Admin functionality.
To view the full release notes for the current Connect release, click here.
Latest Training Tutorials
Some Help topics include video tutorials, which provide visual, step-by-step instructions on how to complete the task. Click one of the links below to access the topics with related videos.
**Scroll to the bottom of the linked page to find the associated video.**
- Release-specific webinars
- Back Office Reports
- Portal Reports
- Report Permissions