About Connect Help
Welcome to BASCONNECTTM, commonly referred to simply as Connect. It is a platform consisting of multiple applications used for managing elements related to medical billing.
The Help Documentation guides you through using Connect via topics which provide:
- Page, window, and field definitions
- Step-by-step guides for common system processes
- Links to helpful training videos and support documentation
- Access to current and past release notes
The latest BASCONNECTTM release is 18.3. Highlights of this release include the following:
- Added the ability to copy and paste Account Notes within Connect.
- Added search functionality to only return accounts with balance greater than zero.
- Added Claim Holds designation to Active AR tab.
- Modified Stop Pre-Coll button functionality to send account's pre-collection code as Suspend rather than Cancel in the Stop File.
- Added Guarantor's Date of Birth to the General tab.
- Added window to immediately display newly created account's ID upon creation via the File > New > Account process.
- Added the ability to override expected allowed fee schedule during case creation.
- Added the ability to apply payments during case creation.
- Added confirmation window to Post All functionality.
- Modified the Pending and Transactions tab search windows to include new and modified fields.
- Export functionality modified to export data in a number format, so further calculations, e.g., summing, can be performed on the information in Excel.
- New Image Batch window now displayed when creating an Image Batch from a Charge Batch, allowing users to update Image Batch details.
- Added ability to disable a Connect user's account after a designated number of days of inactivity.
Payers & Plans
- Added new Bill CRNA Only option to the Insurance Plan / Anesthesia tab.
- Added the ability to override expected allowed fee schedule during payment entry process.
- Show Inactive checkbox added to Filters section to hide payer child plans that are no longer active.
- Added option to exclude accounts with statement holds from being included in the TSI Start File.
- Added ability to designate default practice when creating an Image Batch.
- Added ability to select auto-launch of Search Criteria window when opening the Statement Batches page.
- Modified the Charge Analysis Detail report:
- Adjustments column split into two columns: Adjustments - Negative, Adjustments - Positive
- New columns added: Reversals - Insurance, Reversals - Guarantor, Reversal - Suspense
- Place of Service added to report output
- Added ability to to print preview statements in a preview window without marking the statements as printed.
To view the full release notes for the current Connect release, click here.
Latest Training Tutorials
Some Help topics include video tutorials, which provide visual, step-by-step instructions on how to complete the task. Click one of the links below to access the topics with related videos.
**Scroll to the bottom of the linked page to find the associated video.**
- Release-specific webinars
- Back Office Reports
- Portal Reports
- Report Permissions